Martock Job Club
Martock Job Club aims to provide a friendly and safe place, where we will support you with the tools and confidence to find employment, access to training/education, volunteering opportunities and support with applying for universal credit. The Job Club is run by the Job Club Coordinator and a highly skilled volunteering team.
On Tuesday afternoons the Job Club Coordinator runs training sessions to small groups of job seekers. These sessions are bookable through the Job Club Coordinator.
Who can access the service?
Those living in the Parish of Martock and are 16 years plus, there is no cut off age.
The Job Club “Drop in” session is run on a Tuesday at The Parish Hall, Church Street, Martock.
Job Club 10.00 – 1.00pm
Booked Training Sessions 2.00- 3.30pm
Training and Services on offer
The Job Club Coordinator can also support you on a one to one if required, outside of Job Club sessions.
- Support with creating a CV.
- One to one instruction on using a computer with confidence.
- Interview skills and practise.
- Links with local employers.
- Support when completing application forms and creating letters to potential employers.
- Advice and guidance with traineeships, apprenticeships, college and adult learning.
- Support with Universal Credit and applying for other benefits.
- Access to seeking a volunteering placement.
- One to one support when attending the Job Centre and education-based visits to colleges and training providers.
Support for local businesses
The Job Club Coordinator is happy to visit local businesses and advertise job vacancies FREE of charge at the Job Club and via the Martock Job Club Facebook page. Martock Job Club | Facebook
If you are having difficulty with an individual, you have recently employed with the support of the Job Club. The Job Club Coordinator can meet with both the employer and employee to draw up a plan of action to support retention in the workplace, this is beneficial to both parties.
Lisa Whittle, Job Club Coordinator